Aglaonema Green Papaya is a tropical plant native to SE Asia. The aglaonema family is a very large one with many colors and sizes of plants, however we've chosen the green papaya for its lemon lime accents and hints of pink. An excellent small plant for low or medium light that adds a great pop of color, the aglaonema green papaya plant also filters the air and requires only modest amounts of water.
Our 6" aglaonema green papaya plant has been grown by a Florida nursery with a 60,000 sq ft European style ebb and flood irrigation system, which provides plants with maximum water and nutrients while aerating roots to prevent disease and decay. This type of growing system allows the nursery to grow consistently high-quality plants all year long, as opposed to other growers who use traditional irrigation systems (sprinklers, drips, etc.) and are at the mercy of environmental factors to produce the same results.
Because of this nursery's system, you can be sure that the plant you're getting has a strong, healthy root system, and has been carefully monitored for pests, fungus, disease and other factors that may impact the plant's condition. Known for their dracaenas, monsteras, aglaonemas, and sansevierias, this nursery is as professional as they come and does not disappoint with their availability and product.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Planted in 6" pot of your choice. Planter is made from lightweight, rigid sandstone composite material with no drainage hole.
- Recommend transplanting after 2-3 years into a vessel 1-2 inches larger using regular potting mix
- Clean plant with damp paper towel every 1-2 weeks to aid photosynthesis and stimulate growth. Check for pests while cleaning. For more information on the importance of cleaning leaves, read our guide at waterandlight(dot)nyc
- If pests are found, remove with damp paper towel and use a mild organic pesticide in a spray bottle to coat the affected areas. More information on common pest problems can be found at waterandlight(dot)nyc
- Toxic to pets, contact your veterinarian in the event that sap, leaves, or any part of plant is ingested
- Water thoroughly once every 7 days. We will add clay drainage balls to the bottom of the pot, however avoid overwatering. You can read some fundamental rules of watering at waterandlight(dot)nyc
- Low to medium indirect light, avoid window sills as they amplify the sun's intensity and create heat that may damage plant. You can find our plant placement guidelines at waterandlight(dot)nyc.
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
All items are shipped from Florida on Mondays or Tuesdays to allow for maximum continuous transit time while avoiding time spent sitting in warehouses, trucks, or other distribution points over the weekend. Depending on your location and the weather conditions across the country, we may be forced to hold on shipping until conditions improve as we have had items freeze while sitting in Chicago for four days and get delayed due to heavy holiday volume (Mother's Day, Christmas, etc.). We will make every attempt to ship your item promptly on the very next Monday or Tuesday given that there are no anomalies in shipping conditions.
Item ships only within the contiguous U.S. (no AK, HI, PR). No international shipments. No returns will be accepted.